Category Archives: Climate Change

Andrew Bolt trends towards dodgy graphs

I don’t normally blog about Andrew Bolt, because really, what’s the point? The bloke struggles with basic levels of research (a fact I have encountered personally) and hell, his stuff is pretty much pure opinion (or the opinions given to … Continue reading

Posted in Climate Change, Journalism | 61 Comments

Drum Piece: Productivity, Climate Change and Facts

My Drum piece today covers the rather comment-bait friendly topic of climate change. I thought about writing it when I saw this graph on US temperatures that fairly well shocked me: Now of course the United States is not the … Continue reading

Posted in Climate Change, Journalism | 2 Comments

The Carbon Price: The Tim Tams are safe; not sure about hyperbole

So word leaked out this morning that the Carbon Price was going to not wreak the  expected havoc on the price of consumer goods. It was reported that the price of Tim Tams would increase by $0.012. This I guess … Continue reading

Posted in Australian politics, Climate Change, Economy | 39 Comments

>On the QT: Seen it all before.

> I’ve been writing about Question Time for as long as I’ve been writing this blog. I don’t mean to suggest I am some old hand at the caper, though as a decent politics nerd of some standing I have … Continue reading

Posted in Australian politics, Climate Change, Question Time | 18 Comments

>Mining for perspective

> Here was the big splash on the front page of The Oz yesterday: Carbon tax to hurt more than ETS, warns energy sector …miners said failure to deal effectively with the trade exposure of export industries could cut more … Continue reading

Posted in Climate Change, Economy, Journalism | 18 Comments

>The Taxing Times Have Yet to Begin

> Today a Newspoll was released in The Oz that shows (we are told) that the public has abandoned Julia Gillard’s carbon pricing plan: VOTERS are overwhelmingly against Julia Gillard’s carbon tax after a sharp fall in support in the … Continue reading

Posted in Australian politics, Climate Change, Economy, Journalism, Polls | 12 Comments

>The Strawman Cometh

> A quick post tonight – because I want to have a week off (well at least until Friday). There’s not much news really happening (well not much that I usually write about). Yesterday the ALP got slaughtered in NSW. … Continue reading

Posted in Australian politics, Climate Change, Journalism | 22 Comments

>On the QT: The signs are not good

> Tonight I have been out doing things rather art related (yeah I do try every now and then to do things in keeping with my day job), and so I don’t have time to do a full post on … Continue reading

Posted in Australian politics, Climate Change, Culture, Question Time | 32 Comments

>Carbon Price Catch 22

> There was only one catch and that was Catch-22. Julia Gillard asked Greg Combet what to do about putting in place a price on carbon. “The problem,” he said, “Is you have to explain the system in a simple … Continue reading

Posted in Australian politics, Climate Change, Journalism | 22 Comments

>The Spectre of Democracy

> All you need to know that is wrong with The Australian is in this picture: Yes my friends, mark this day down as the date the “democracy” was viewed as a pejorative by The Australian. It’s a terrible thing … Continue reading

Posted in Australian politics, Climate Change, Culture, Journalism | 32 Comments